Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kind and considerate

Those are two words I never really thought of in relation to toddlers until Aubrey came along. Toddlers by nature are egocentric and typically have trouble sharing and the like, except for Aubrey. She is the exact opposite. She is an incredibly considerate person and very thoughtful. Let me give you some examples.

1) At our favorite park this weekend, some girls were building a sand castle. Aubrey stood back and watched for a minute when she must have noticed them putting a little yellow leaf on the castle for decoration. And then she was off, collecting nearby yellow leaves and offered them to the girls for their castle. She was so excited to be making their castle "better".
2) We were at a consignment sale not too long ago looking at toys when a little boy Aubrey's age started fussing for a toy on one of the tables that he obviously wanted. Since they were for sale, his mother didn't want him to play with it and gently guided him away. He was NOT happy. A minute later Aubrey broke from my hold, grabbed the toy he wanted (at 95% in height she could reach it even though he couldn't) and ran to give it to him. You could see it in her eyes that she was concerned about his distress.
3) I had a cold over the weekend and apologized to Aubrey for not being very playful. She was a bit on her own since I was feeling run down. For the next several days, every chance she could, she would wrap me up tight with a blanket saying "Mama cold". She would snuggle beside me and stroke my hair. Such a loving little girl...

I have a million more examples of this type of behavior. It pleases me so much to see this part of her personality. Just one of the many, many, MANY reasons I love my child.

3 comments:

  1. So I guess you posted this before she bit you...

    -Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt! I almost posted part two titled "NOT so kind and considerate".

    ReplyDelete